Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: avi fails
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:58 am 

Hi
I am trying to make the avi movie file
I have tried the previous posts advice but still get the aborted message
I am on windows 2000 and have downloaded Div-x and Xvid which I am trying different settings
I tried the unchanged settings for video and audio but no good
the test project will export as a swf file to play in windows media player
The animated giff file exports a single still image but in a large file as though it should be animated(do I need agiff player?)
As you can probably tell i have limited know how and am a real novice
I am stuck as what to try next
any advice would be very welcome
thx
nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I tried the unchanged settings for video and audio but no good

It is really strange because this is special setting when no any codecs are used and frames are packed in AVI \"as they are\". Please try \"Create movie (Ctrl+G)\" operation after changing options settings.

Quote:
The animated giff file exports a single still image but in a large file as though it should be animated(do I need agiff player?)

Simplest way to watch gif is to open it in Internet explorer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:30 pm 

Out of curiosity - instead of using right click and 'Create movie' what happens if you highlight the icon for your project in the front screen (\"Your creation, your inspiration\") and then click on 'Movie' on the left. (Or just press CTRL P). Do you see your project as a movie then? Logically, if CTRL G doesn't work, that shouldn't work either, but it's a test worth running just to see if there's a glitch which might be limited to your setup or machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:42 pm 

hi
thx for the advice . I have tried highliting the project after setting video and audio options to unchanged , then pressing ctrl G and ctrl P but no luck . I still get the aborted process message.
Do you think for some reason my system won,t allow me to create avi in Artoonix ?
I have created an avi last week using a video capture programme on this system
The test file I am trying with is 17 secs long made of j-peg photos and mp3 sound
any Ideas would really help
thx
nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:51 am 

nick wrote:
Do you think for some reason my system won't allow me to create avi in Artoonix ?

That seems unlikely.
I see that you've now registered the software and are presumably using v1.9 - so which codec have you opted for in 'Options / Movie?

This really is a problem for Andrei, so all I can suggest at the moment is that you provide him with every bit of information about your system and Artoonix setup that you can. Maybe, also, your answers to the following queries could offer a clue. (I don't know, I'm not a techy, but they are based on my own past experience with other software).

When installing v1.9, did you totally uninstall v1.2 and then do a full reinstall, or did you install 1.9 over the top of 1.2? I can't see that would be a problem, but I have known examples of both reinstalls and new installs of some programs to fail to overwrite problems with previous versions on a system. Maybe that happened.

If you uninstalled, did you do this via any inbuilt 'Uninstall' function or did you use the Microsoft Add/Remove function .... or did you just delete the Artoonix folder by hand?

Another tip which worked for me when I had similar problems - (But do remember to back up all your project files) - is to fully uninstall and to then reinstall the new program but to change the default folder name into which the reinstall will be placed. HOWEVER - my problems with other programs were several years ago and I'm doubtful that this idea would work these days with more modern operating systems. (My problems were in the days of Windows 3.1).

Have you had problems with any other programs?

As I said - this really is a problem for Andrei, but it will help if you can give him as much information as you can about your system, your Artoonix setup, and anything else you have done or tried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:30 pm 

hi thx for your help
I have both Div-x and Xvid installed and have tried both on various settings as well as audio and visual set to unchanged and my small test file still won't make an avi

Thats interesting about uninstalling. I only have used artoonix at version 1.9 and liked it so much I registered.
It did make me think I needed to re-install the software when I failed to make an avi at the first couple of attempts
and when i re-installed it it still had my original teset file in the thumbnail start up screen
Speak soon
nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:24 pm 

nick wrote:
when i re-installed it it still had my original test file in the thumbnail start up screen

That can only mean that you installed 1.9 over the top of 1.2. The demo movies would still be there if you retained them with 1.2 or they would be there if you'd deleted them in 1.2 but didn't deselect them when installing 1.9 ---- but the retention of your own test movie would only happen if you didn't uninstall 1.2 first.

So that's something to try ---
(1) backup your project files (or just make and rename a backup copy of your project folder).
(2) Do a full uninstall using the official Microsoft Add/Remove function.
(3) Install 1.9 and reapply your registration code.
(4) Copy your backed-up projects into the newly recreated and official Artoonix project folder.
(5) Check which codecs you have access to and make a choice but don't fiddle with any of the parameters - just leave well alone. (I recommend DivX)
(6) Run a test to see if an avi can now be created.

If all that fails, then I suggest you contact Andrei to ask for further help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
If all that fails, then I suggest you contact Andrei to ask for further help.

Just now we are trying to resolve this problem through Artoonix Support...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:24 pm 

hi
just like to say thx to everyone helping me on this one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:33 am 

No problem - let us know when the cause has been found, and what it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:08 pm 

hi
thanks to everyone I can now make avi movie
What can I say not only can i do this but my very poorly cpu is better
All down to Andrei and artoonix support helping me over the weekend
and thx also kaynine for the words of encouragement also

I was strongly advised to get some good anti-virus software which I hastely did and bingo!! what a huge difference
thx again to everyone
and look forward to learning how to animate using Artoonix
cheers
nick

Post subject: re: AVI Movie Failure
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:31 pm 

I am having a similar problem. All functions in Artoonix are OK except making an .avi movie. I get an error message: \"Creating movie process is aborted\"

Would you please let me know what you did to fix your problem? What codec are you using now?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:08 pm 

For 2 years or more I have had no trouble creating avi movies now it aborts every time if there was a solution to this original thread can you pass it on please

Post subject: Re: Movie Problems
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:17 pm 

Nick told me in a recent message that his problem turned out to be a virus and that once he got that under control his Artoonix worked once again.

My problem came on suddenly..after I had installed two other programs off the internet. At first I thought my inability to create avi movies was that I had a missing or corrupt codec. But then a message from a forum member suggested that it was my operating system that no longer supported avi creation.

So I tried a system restore (Windows XP), but system restore rejected all of my restore points. Then I tried running system restore from the \"Safe Mode\" and it was successful. I chose a restore point just before installation of Artoonix and the two other programs. My system came up fine. I then reinstalled Artoonix and now am able to create avi files just fine.

I concluded that installing and removing the two \"rogue\" programs corrupted part of my operating system. Luckily, system restore brought back the part of my system that was needed.

Please let us know if you are able to solve your problem and how you did it.

Post subject: avi fails
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 pm 

system restore in safe mode didn't work i'm afraid
tried sherlock & scannow ;no good.
can you ask your Artoonix people what XP module they're relying on to create AVI files,I might then get a copy to replace.
I'll keep you posted