Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:00 pm 

No idea what happened here but I was part way through a project. I'd created a folder with a sequence of .ipa files in it (something I've done MANY times before). I used the usual method to import those files as background images into the project and - whack! The computer went into overdrive with the hard disk chattering like a machine gone mad. Artoonix just couldn't be closed. In the end, I left it and things quietened down (took 10 minutes).

BUT - when I reloaded Artoonix, the project name was still shown, but there was no thumbnail. (Only one copy of Artoonix was open at the time - I know this effect can happen if two copies are open simultaneously).

I loaded the project and there we no frames - nothing.

Then, I closed Artoonix and used My Computer to look at the project. It says that an icp file of over 26mb is on my hard drive - but absolutely nothing is visible via Artoonix itself.

Any ideas what has happened or where my project images are?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I've posted a separate message into the 'Tips' section because I used a very different way to recover the images as an avi, even though I lost the Artoonix layers. See 'Converting swf to avi for use in Artoonix'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:29 am 
Site Admin

Hi, KayNine
hmm, it seems that something happened to the hard disk access priority while the project file was being saved. Sometimes windows do that, exact reason is almost impossible to know unless you were continuously running system diagnostics.. Anyway, we did create a small utility that might help you to recover artoonix files:
http://www.artoonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1295

fingers crossed it will help!
cheers,
youri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:46 am 

youri wrote:
fingers crossed it will help!

Excellent - it recovered almost everything.
As it happened (see the PS in my message), I recovered the movie by converting an swf backup into an avi and then importing it into Artoonix - but your little utility is certainly one I'll keep in case anything like that happens again.

Thanks.

PS - what's the progress with 1.7 and 'tweening'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:54 am 
Site Admin

glad it helped.
The 1.7 version will indeed include frame/objects tweening and should be coming out soon - the exact date is not known yet.

cheers,
youri