Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:26 pm 

I just got Artoonix. My animation looks fine in the Draft Video Preview, but when I convert it to AVI my imported images are affected by unwanted and apparently random transparent blocks in their darker regions. How do I fix this?

Also, is there any way to create a large number of duplicates of a single frame? So, to copy one frame and then paste it fifty times automatically?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:46 pm 
Site Admin

This is not a bug in artoonix. The video rendering is done according to the settings of your video codec. pls, search this forum for some suggestions of what to choose for the best quality/video size.

the easiest way to duplicate a frame many times is by clicking \"duplicate\" button (top right toolbar) in the frame editor.

hope this helps,
youri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:39 pm 

youri wrote:
search this forum for some suggestions of what to choose for the best quality/video size.

Look here for details
http://www.xvid.org/

The actual download page can be a bit tortuous to find - try this shortcut
http://www.digital-digest.com/software/ ... id=0&did=1

The Xvid codec was the one Youri (or was it Andrei?) recommended to me when I had exactly the same problem with '21st century Trojan' - random blocks and blips of transparency or false colour. Once I downloaded and installed the FREE Xvid codec, everything was fine and I've never had any trouble since.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:45 pm 

ggmohys wrote:
is there any way to create a large number of duplicates of a single frame?

One tip following Yorui's response: Look top left of the screen for the frame number when you start the duplication process. If you know how many frames you want to copy, use that info as your counter.

I also use the classic CTRL C and CTRL V method if there are a lot of frames to copy. I create, say, five copies and then highlight those five in the image strip on the left. CTRL C copies them. I then just highlight the last frame in the sequence, press CTRL V and it very quickly pastes all five frames. I then just repeat CTRL V until I've finished. That method is marginally faster when you want to duplicate a lot of frames - but Youri's method is definitely faster for small numbers of duplications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:36 am 

So how exactly would you go about fixing this problem? I downloaded the Xvid Codec and I can't find anything on the forums. Please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm 

Simply install the codec into your system and it should then appear as one of the options you can choose if you use the Options / Movie /Codec selector at the Artoonix start-up window.

You may need to restart or reboot before it appears as a codec that you can select - I can't remember.

I used to use Xvid and it's good - but I prefer DivX which gives excellent results and smaller file sizes after rendering. Like Xvid, you can download DivX as freeware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 am 

If I do it as DivX do you know if it would work with Adobe Premiere Effects 5.0? Because I'm trying to put it on DVD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 am 

JanSpartan117 wrote:
If I do it as DivX do you know if it would work with Adobe Premiere Effects 5.0? Because I'm trying to put it on DVD

Can't answer that - I don't use APE. However, I don't see why not. Some time ago I experimented by burning a few of my movies in the DVD format, but that didn't involve APE. I've also dropped a few back out of Youtube as MP4's and that works well as the basis for conversion. Have you tried using a standard conversion program or must you go to DVD straight out of APE?

DivX seems to be a very stable codec which gives excellent results. There will be others, but I've settled on that one as it suits all my needs.

Andrei seems to be the codec king in the Artoonix team - maybe he can answer your question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:08 am 
Site Admin

To JanSpartan117:

I'm afraid I have nothing to say about APE... But DivX or Xvid codecs are very common-used, so you may try. :) I think also it's a good idea if you post a message about results of your experiments.