Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 am 

Without boasting, I guess I'm one of the most experienced users of Artoonix for both animation and a good range of other functions - several of which I've referred to elsewehere in this forum or the gallery.

I'm currently using Artoonix for a demo about another guitar and once again two small but annoying areas of weakness have proved to be very frustrating.

I'm assuming that development of Artoonix is now completed but if ever any final tweaks are going to be made, maybe these two 'features' could be looked at.

(1) The option to name each and any of the soundtracks with an additional window above or by each track.

(2) A way to be reminded of what font was used for particular instances of text placement. (One clumsy solution is to rename the object using the font name and as text is saved AS an image and not as text, I'm guessing this weakness can't really be solved. But if it can ......

I've long since found ways to get round the weakness of having only one centre of rotation and I'm sure that could now never be changed without totally rewriting the whole program ---- but if only those two more minor weaknesses can ever be solved ..............

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:18 pm 

Just popped back into the forum after a long time away to see if anything new was happening with Artoonix. I've just been asked by a schoolteacher friend to recommend good, easy-to-use, affordable software for 2D animation which would allow for a cut-and-paste style. The trouble with that style - well, the STRENGTH of that style - is that you can create or paste in images of limbs and have them move at multiple joints. I came back to see if Artoonix had developed any further although, I have to admit, I wasn't optimistic. Sadly for my friend and his school, the answer is obviously 'No'. I didn't think it would have been possible but there was always hope.

I've mentioned Creatoon but that doesn't seem to work easily beyond XP and thanks to Microsoft, that's a nearly dead OS anyway. Crazytalk is a possibility but for the moment but doesn't really do what he wants to develop with his class. For the moment I'm stuck on what to suggest. If there's anybody else out there who checks this forum ... has anyone got any ideas?