Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:12 pm 

Further to a previous query - I've seen Windows 8 and it's ghastly with updates already being released by Microsoft (when will they learn to fully test before racing to release???).

I'm guessing that Windows 7 will soon be unsupported as the company tries to force users to switch to their Apple clone. So here are my two queries. I suspect that other forum browsers might like answers to these as well ...

Has Artoonix yet been tested on '8'? and are there any problems?

Has Artoonix been ported to Macs? - I don't ever recall seeing anything like that, but to be honest, I wasn't looking until now.

Personally speaking, when I've saved enough to upgrade my computer, if I want a touchscreen full of sliding tiles I'll go for the original rather than Windows' dodgey imitation. Maybe by Service Pack 10 it will be worth looking at.

Maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the questions. We have tested Artoonix (and we will continue it) on Windows 8 and, as it was expected, it is fully compatible with this OS and works without a problem.

Also I can confirm that we do not plan porting Artoonix on Mac. However there are a lot of ways to run Windows-apps on Mac computers so it is possible to use Artoonix in any Windows-compatible environment.

Of course it will be interesting for all about any experience of our users to run Artoonix on Win8 or Mac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 pm 

Thanks Andrei.

I'd already wondered about investigating running Windows apps on a Mac. If I'm going to use the sliding tile system, I'd rather go with the original rather than Microsoft's rather dubious imitiation. Luckily, my best friend and his family are Mac fanatics and have heaven-knows how many computers, iPads, iPhones etc. etc between them in their house. If anyone knows about that side of things, he should.