Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Music downloads
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:15 am 

Hey,
Andrei, or anyone really...
I am a little frustrated with the \"sound quality\" recently when I import- an mp3, say.
It seems to be \"hit or miss\" without alot of ability to control the sound- eq or anything...
Am I missing a trick?
I have had some success with previous music imports- and I am worried that they were just \"luck\".....
Specifically, the sound quality on my two recent attempts sounds bass heavy and boomy- and I don't know of any detailed music import sound settings- except I always use \" best quality\" on the video when first opening a new project.
The music- sound- is pretty good when ripped to an mp3 format, but it is compromised in the importing to the project- so I am puzzled.
thanx,cheers
ev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:44 am 
Site Admin

The MP3 format is a form of \"lossy\" audio compression, so if you want guaranteed quality sound, you should use uncompressed WAV files as sound sources. If sample rate and number of channels in Artoonix project and wav-file are matched then Artoonix doesn't make any conversions during the import. \"Best quality\" mode in Artoonix corresponds to the quality of 44,100 samples per second (or 44,1 kHz). You can use any audio editing software to convert mp3 to wav file format.

Of course all of the above applies, if you have troubles with the sound at the preview-playing project in Artoonix. If you mean a sound quality in the finished AVI movie, then check the settings Options-> Movie-> Audio, where both, \"Codec\" and \"Format\", may affect the resulting quality.

Post subject: sound
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:05 pm 

Hey,
Thanx Andrei, I will check out your advice,
thank you for your quick reply!
hope spring has actually arrived where you are-
it still feels like winter here!
cheers
ev