Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New video-tune from ev
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:23 pm 

Hey everyone,
got a new video put together on Artoonix, after a brief hiatus...
go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlGfWZ5Ek58
or
EVsphere1 on you-tube
CHEERS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:02 am 
Site Admin

Impressive work!
By the way, there are a lot of overlapping fragments in the video. I wonder, did you use a function which appears in 1.11 - \"Import frames from project\" -for this?

Post subject: EVsphere1 on you-tube
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:48 am 

Cool video! Congratulations! Tell me if this is not a mystery, how long it took to create it?

Post subject: ev video
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:59 pm 

Hey Andrei,
Thanx for the kind words
I actually have not used the \"import from project\" function, just have not gotten around to fooling with it! Maybe I can save some time...But of course I use the importing and exporting frames alot, as well as the multi-frame functions- which I can say is awesome- just as a note, it would be really awesome if one could layer automatically when you import-somehow..not sure how you would do that ( you are the experts here!) But it is limiting when you have many layers and you can only place the new work either on top or on the bottom- unless I am missing something.
Liudmilla,
I work sporadically in the evenings on the vids, and on weekends on the music. So it takes a while on the calendar...
It is hard to judge as alot of time is spent with the music, and they are kind of intertwined, but I would guess 60 to 100 hours on the actual video part. It varies wildly, though I probably should keep a log for reference. It also depends on the length of the video, I try to keep a song under 5 minutes. And I work on a few vids and songs at one time- I have another \"in the can\" and will be out in a couple of weeks.
Cheers
ev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:35 pm 

Amazing job Ev! It seems like you pot a giant effort into this video! You did a very cool MV!

Post subject: Re: ev video
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:02 am 

ev wrote:
it would be really awesome if one could layer automatically when you import-somehow .... it is limiting when you have many layers and you can only place the new work either on top or on the bottom

Back when I was using Artoonix a lot for animations, I remember raising exactly this point. Many of my animations used multiple layers and on those occasions, when I needed to edit or add something, that charactertistic of Artoonix became a REAL problem.

My original post is here:

http://www.artoonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1327

An associated problem for me was when I realised that the same object(s) could be assigned different names when being imported, depending upon what had gone before. (I haven't explained that very clearly, but my original forum posts will be in the archive somewhere.) I think Andrei or Youri suggested a solution but I'd have to search to find it.

With how I use Artoonix now, it isn't a problem as I only use it for image manipulation and occasional product demos and not animations.

I'm not sure if Artoonix is still being developed, but if so, Ev's point is a good one and highlights one of the program's main areas for improvement.

Excellent and complex project, by the way, Ev.
Nice one.

PS: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked. The post I mentioned in which I refered to the problem of objects being assigned different names is here:
http://www.artoonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1748

Artoonix users will probably only encounter this characteristic if they work on complex movies in which they need to make multiple imports, edits and/or deletions. Those who make traditional frame-by-frame cel animations won't ever have to face it.

Post subject: layering
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:42 pm 

Hey, thanx for the post KayNine-
Yeah the layering can be cumbersome when importing objects both in the individual frame and in the multi-panel views. Not sure what can be done about that-
There is another \"detail\" that makes me crazy-that when you have alot of objects, there may be a variety of assigned name and numbers to the same object...for example say I want to screen a background layer- make it more subdued throughout its run...well it could be painfully time consuming even with the multi-frame functions-as it can have several different \"names/numbers\" assigned -depending on the number of items in front or behind it on individual frames- if you follow...
Artoonix team...Anything that can save some time is appreciated!
And thanx for your kind words, KayNine
OH- and nice axe!
EV

Post subject: Re: layering
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:43 pm 

ev wrote:
There is another "detail" that makes me crazy-that when you have alot of objects, there may be a variety of assigned name and numbers to the same object ...... Artoonix team...Anything that can save some time is appreciated!

That really does sound like the problem I commented on in one of my earlier posts. Almost more than the lack of locakable points of rotation, that characteristic caused me endless hours of hassle whenever I wanted to make edits or deletions during the development of a complex project. To be honest, those two characteristics combined were the main reasons I gave up on Artoonix for animation. They combined to make it too frustrating to develop the kinds of idea I wanted to try. However, Artoonix does make a great image manipulator, so I've not given up on it and I still watch the forum and still hope for some future upgrade that will provide a leap forwards in the program's development. (Wishful thinking???)

ev wrote:
OH- and nice axe!

Too right. Over the years I've bought myself several really nice guitars but the one I used for my avatar is light years ahead in my own Favourite Stakes. It's a PRS SE Semi-Hollow. If Andrei and Youri don't mind, this link is for a short demo of the instrument. It was one of the demos that helped me decide to raid my bank balance and buy one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bvWY2eozxM
It weighs barely 5lb (a good 3-4 lbs less than a Les Paul) is gorgeous to look at, and is amazingly versatile with a neck and action to die for. I did, in fact, start to use Artoonix for my own demo - something I did for a few of my other guitars - but I gave up. It might be something I return to when the evenings get darker. (I've just checked my photo archive and I still have the first few close-up shots that I took when preparing resources for the project, so I may well go on and finish it later this year).

Again, if Youri and Andrei don't mind ... this link is for the case I bought for it.
Apart from the first product photo, the others are mine and show the guitar inside it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gator-Deluxe-Mo ... 556&sr=8-1

Just for you I've used one of those archive photos and have changed my avatar to show the whole instrument.

Looking forwards to seeing your next project.