Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:26 am 

An user called MaximumAlex128 decided to open an Artoonix group on youtube! I personally like the idea and I'll probably subscribe into it! What about you??
The link is: http://www.youtube.com/group/artoonixgroup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:45 pm 

Update, (June) .... Looks like MaximumAlex has given up on his idea - he's left his own user group and changed his Youtube membername. The Usergroup link still works, but it obviously isn't going to be monitored or managed anymore.

I joined for awhile and uploaded links to two previous projects. Nathanael also uploaded a couple of links (but not to his excellent 'Bananaphone' animation). Beyond that, there was no activity at all ..... exactly the same as this forum, then!

The User Group was a good idea, but it came too late. Something like that needed to have been set up AGES ago by the Artoonix developers, and then promoted. Maybe then an active Artoonix community would have developed like it has for programs such as Pivot, Stykz, Alice, Tisfat etc.

Hell - even the defunct Creatoon seems to have more life in it.

Interestingly, whenever I now get PM's via Youtube, they are all about the few Creatoon tutorials and examples that I uploaded. Ironically, I made them by using Creatoon with Artoonix, but nobody has been asking about Artoonix now for at least 6 months. (I can't actually remember the last such PM I received). I've no idea why, but the program seems to have no 'presence' at all. I've never been able to explain that.

Perhaps it's therefore not surprising that I virtually never find any new Artoonix animations whenever I remember to look.

I also still occasionally scan this forum in the hope of finding some useful posts, but nothing has been happening now for weeks and it became clear ages ago that there was little point in posting tutorial-style walkthroughs because nobody responded .... well, maybe once or twice they did, but such occurrences were exceptionally rare.

Even Nathanael now seems to be moving to a different animation program. (Check out his latest 'Clippys' upload --- he's really nailed sync between movement and sound).

FINAL THOUGHT .....

If - as looks likely - the Artoonix User Group on Youtube is no longer being monitored, no further uploads will ever be possible for anyone. That means it will stay there and be virtually empty and inactive. That will be the worst possible type of 'advertisement' for Artoonix for anyone who goes looking for examples of animations. What started out as a good positive idea could now become a definite negative.

It would be a good idea for the Admin team to contact Alex to suggest that he takes it offline if the User Group actually has been abandoned.