Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: new video on youtube
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:57 pm 

Hey ,
really not sure where to place this, but here it is- I also put it in the
the gallery section....hope it opens up for you!
It was a long haul to get the video into format...really...Kaynine, you know...
but I finally went \"ALL ARTOONIX\" , and the dvx setting finally worked for me to create a movie.
FYI
I made several copies in different formats, and they had all varying sizes, and qualities...go figure.
The one that is on Youtube is a huge file..almost to the limit of youtube at 1.6 gb ( limit is 2) and 7 minutes ( limit is 10 minutes) but it had the best audio and video quality.
It took 11 hours to download!
But it did, and it seems to work great---no unusually long waits, and it has always gone though the whole video without stops on thel pcs and laptops I have tested so far.
Kaynine, how do you do your posting , as in the ones where you have your videos listed?
I am working on the next one, with lessons learned!

Oh,
music is all me, recorded at my home studio (sounds better than it is!)
on a Zoom 16 track, more if you want to know details at some other time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXLf3MJUNc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:46 pm 

Hell's teeth - you went for broke on that project. There's just about every technique and style in it ..... you certainly can't be accused of trying anything easy or just uploading a quick experiment.

Very impressive.

The snow effect reminded me of some of Chris's experiments, but the use of transitions between the photos of the girl isn't an effect I've seen used much before in Artoonix.

Must say, though, that I'm unsure why your had such trouble rendering it. I CAN see why the filesize was so large, some of my most recent projects have exceeded 2gb where lots of imported images or movie files have been used. This does seem to be a problem with Artoonix - the files can quickly become exceptionally large.

Did you find that as you got into the project, Artoonix became slower and slower to load as it struggled to open the file? Towards the end of a few projects, I used to wonder if the program had locked, it took so long to open.

So what's next - something a little less challenging or are we into Tim Burton mode and just going for the lot?

Nice work.

Post subject: Snowfall
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 pm 

Hey,

Next one is going to be..... how should I say...more restrained!
At the very end the program was running slower and making me very nervous.
I will be checking out your youtube site when I get home from work...I like your overall design...something I will be working on next on my site, I guess...
I am really just now \"getting\" the whole \"youtube thing\"-such a dinosaur!

PS I have notice a coupe of cool upgrades, such as the mirror image that I don't think I had before...

se

Post subject: Re: Snowfall
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:07 pm 

ev wrote:
I have notice a couple of cool upgrades, such as the mirror image that I don't think I had before

The newly extended features in Image Actions is really good, there are all sorts of things to play with and use. In the next upgrade, anything you test in the frame editor and create settings for, should be transferrable to the same function when you apply it to a SET of frames in Multi-Frame Operations. At the moment, I've just been noting settings and re-entering them when altering a group of frames --- boy, that's been useful.