Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Import problem
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:57 am 

When I try to upload a animation to Youtube it fails. Now that movie was a DivX avi file but now it won't upload on YouTube! I'll try uploading tomorrow but somebody could help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:41 am 

The problem I sometimes have is that imports succeed but seem to be cut short. The solution has always been to use a video format converter to convert an avi into the wmv format. There can be a tiny loss of image quality but that conversion has always worked and the wmv file has always uploaded in full.

I assume you could also convert an avi into any format that Youtube accepts. There are plenty of converters available. I use a commercial program which allows me to access a huge suite of audio, movie and image converters and editors, but there are freeware ones available as well if you search for them.
Also - the problem may be temporary. Assuming that Youtube wasn't offline at the time, there can be occasional 'blips' ... Last night, when I uploaded the 'Using a mask' demo to Youtube, the actual Youtube uploader never shut itself down and seemed to be permanently active, even after an hour. (And the uploaded file size was only 7mb so it should have finished after 3 or 4 minutes). I closed Youtube and then re-opened it, only to find that the upload HAD succeeded and that it had gone live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:13 am 

i put the movie in movie maker and exported it to my computer, i uploaded it to youtube and worked thanks i should do this with the rest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:37 am 

natartoonixtweener wrote:
i should do this with the rest

Probably an unnecessary precaution - the problem only seems to happen once in a while. I now upload all avis driect to Youtube and only do the conversion if a problem arises. No point in extra work and time unless you run into difficulties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:44 pm 

ok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:20 pm 

Yup, I got the same problem while K9 told me that he didn't get it, then I started uploading in .avi as well! Movie Maker ruins the frame rate and the video quality a little! I think you shouldn't use it... At least it is considered by many people as the WORST program ever made for video editing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:04 am 

This time I really can't post this one. It is another Squishable movie that is 1 minute and 27 seconds and it was a error when I tried. When i tried putting it in Movie Maker and exporting it, it is still a error. How can I post this movie now?