Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:32 pm 

Zelda CD-I this time! But this work should be a dimostration of how much Artoonix should own the Color's Shade tool and an improved Free Painting tool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biEqPOZfOEw#movie_player

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:04 pm 

This new one is pretty weird! But I worked a lot on the lip sync!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF8xbX69v2M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:55 pm 

Based on an internet fad, I'm going to put it in the Artoonix Gallery as well!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skaJIEN-84g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 pm 

By following the instructions of Kaynine I made, finally, an expertiment which follows the beat pretty well! Thank you pal!
I pot it in the Artoonix gallery as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqnLj-K4Qn0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:29 pm 

Pennaz91 wrote:
By following the instructions of Kaynine I made, finally, an expertiment which follows the beat pretty well!

Glad to know my few tips helped.

As I've said SO many times before, I think the sound-to-animation features of Artoonix are the best in almost all animation software except for the REALLY high-end products that studios use .... and even they sometimes need to use complementary programs to synchronise sound and action.

Even though I'm currently searching for a commercial program that will have all the animation controls and features I want (see my post in the 'Off Topic' section), I doubt that I'll find anything that will match Artoonix in the sound department.

Nice one Riccardo - I'm looking forwards to whatever comes next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:09 pm 

A super-short demo, the first toon I made with only hand-drawed frames (edited with photoshop for the shading)! http://www.artoonix.com/en/gallery/Gallery2.aspx

Starring a fatty dinosaur, it was funny to draw it like the Lizard from \"Lizard's Troubles\"!

By the way... I found the shading tool, actually extremely limited! Isn't it possible to create a tool which works like the one in photoshop? (You draw a line, then the shade pops up by following it!)... sorry, I have huge problems to describe it! T_T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:49 am 

Very nice.

Two things strike me ...... (1) you seem to have managed to control the rather poor drawing tool in Artoonix (I find smooth curves VERY difficult to manage or repeat), and (2) the cross-hatched monochrome shading for the top of the screen in the background looks very like the effect you can get with Easytoon.

Good work (as usual).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:41 pm 

KayNine wrote:
Very nice.
you seem to have managed to control the rather poor drawing tool in Artoonix (I find smooth curves VERY difficult to manage or repeat)

Hold on a second... There was an incomprehension here! When I said hand-drawed frames I meant that I made them on "true" papers, then I scanned and imported them into Artoonix!
I have many difficulties as well when I use the pencil tool in the program, that's why I'm trying something more accessible!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:50 pm 

Pennaz91 wrote:
When I said hand-drawed frames I meant that I made them on "true" papers, then I scanned and imported them into Artoonix!

Ah -- that now makes complete sense.

On the plus side, it demonstrates very well how versatile Artoonix is because it can be used like 'Monkey Jam' or Tapptoons' to import a sequence of drawn or photographed images as a way of converting them into a movie. Also, of course, Artoonix sound functions make it even easier to add (or work with) a soundtrack.

On the negative side it highlights the fact that the Artoonix drawing tools just aren't smooth enough for this type of work to be done within the program. This is what I'm finding to be so good about ToonBoom 4.5, although, to be fair, I've had very little time to do much with it whilst I've been using Artoonix as a movie editor in the making of the 21 guitar demo uploads for Youtube.

I've finished that personal project now for awhile and am just about to bite the bullet and strip both my hard drives before reinstalling XP2 and a much more limited set of programs. Artoonix and TB4.5 will be amongst those, so once all that's been done, I'll try to find time for a bit of animation with Artoonix and a LOT of time to teach myself how to use TB 4.5.

Before then, I want to make one last music demo featuring a lovely guitar effects unit that I recently bought.

Hope to see some more of your animation soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:41 pm 

Remember my experiments with the Rhythm Bot? Well that's what I got at least! I would like to thank Kay9 who helped my out with the beat! Thank you very much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0KDe3jev48

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:19 pm 

Lovely work - not a wasted second nor a missed beat. Excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:15 pm 

Long time passed since my last update of this topic... But I never stopped using Artoonix.
I have submitten 3 more animations recently, but I'd like to make in evidence two of them, since (forgive my arrogance) I'm proud of them!

This one is the third part of the \"Metroid Zero Mission Animation\" series.
I've combined lot of photoshop (for backgrounds) with artoonix; took a lot of work!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGk1fwGb ... ture=inbox

Then, there is the sixth episode of \"Zelda CD-I Animation\". Here as well I worked with Photoshop. I tryed also to reuse the \"style\" from Vib-Ribbon for a peculiar spot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzEi2Rdd ... ideo_title

I wish you'll enjoy them... Any kind of feedback is proudly welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Pennaz91 wrote:
...Then, there is the sixth episode of "Zelda CD-I Animation".

Yet another wonderful creation! Excellent graphics - a lot of interesting tricks. "Scary" moments are succeeded, in my view, as well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 am 

andrei wrote:
Pennaz91 wrote:
...Then, there is the sixth episode of "Zelda CD-I Animation".

Yet another wonderful creation! Excellent graphics - a lot of interesting tricks. "Scary" moments are succeeded, in my view, as well :)

Many thanks! Glad to read that you liked it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:25 am 

New update, but when I try to upload it on the first post it simply doesn't show any changes while I submit it! Why????????

Btw, me and another artoonix animator made an animation in collaboration! We live FAR away from eachother, so we had to send our pieces of work via mail. At least I edited the entire toon and this is what we got:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3LOSwLz ... ture=inbox

It was a very funny experience, which I wish to repeat one day!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next