Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:22 pm 

-This is a silly work based on the \"Labial Test\" alreay uploaded in the Artoonix Gallery!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxccNR-G ... annel_page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:14 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcBXFwgw ... annel_page

This one was made just for fun! I don't know if you'll like or not!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:58 am 

There is a new update on my gallery, and this one is a new kind of experiment for, a cartoon black and white, all made with vectors (I used the table for the 3% of the making)! And this one is HUGE too! Over 6 minutes and more than 2900 frames!

Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbwFSitg ... annel_page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:16 pm 

This new style for Rodrigo's work is WELL WORTH WATCHING. It's a big departure and a very different way of using Artoonix. I'm still trying to work out how you did it - I'm guessing the vector drawings were drawn and then imported .... but was that for almost all the frames? If so, that must have been a huge effort.

It's really good to see people who are trying to push Artoonix to do things that are so different.

Excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:20 am 

KayNine wrote:
This new style for Rodrigo's work is WELL WORTH WATCHING. It's a big departure and a very different way of using Artoonix. I'm still trying to work out how you did it - I'm guessing the vector drawings were drawn and then imported .... but was that for almost all the frames? If so, that must have been a huge effort.

It's really good to see people who are trying to push Artoonix to do things that are so different.

Excellent.

I made all the lines and vectors on Artoonix, I didn't import them from other programs! Btw.. Why do you call me Rodrigo?? I'm Riccardo! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:41 am 

Pennaz91 wrote:
Why do you call me Rodrigo?? I'm Riccardo!

Apologies Riccardo - I was swapping emails with someone else and got your names mixed up.

Pennaz91 wrote:
I made all the lines and vectors on Artoonix, I didn't import them from other programs!

Now I'm REALLY confused ... I wasn't aware that Artoonix supported vector graphics. It's something I've often wished for in the forum. Do you mean 'vectors' or do you mean 'lines'? If it truly is vector graphics --- how is it accessed?

On the other hand - if you drew frames with all those standard lines, that must have taken you an age.

Lovely work, whichever method you used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 pm 

Forgive me.. I confused lines with vectors! Well.. Yes! All the painted object were made with white lines on black background and nothing was imported!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:46 pm 

Pennaz91 wrote:
All the painted object were made with white lines on black background

This makes my original comment all the more true. This whole animation contains so many clever ideas, techniques and subtle effects. And for everything to be drawn almost like a wireframe, is remarkable. It's a difficult technique to master so that everything remains clear and understandable. Artoonix drawing tools are quite good, with straight lines being much better than curved. But the definition and variety of line thickness that you use in this movie is fascinating. I especially liked the subtle 'softened' look of lines at 2.34 and the clever use of line thicknesses at 5.16 to suggest perspective.

Anyone who is interested in animation should really study this latest upload.

Also, like one of my favourite Youtube animators (The Grickle), you have the animator's knack of being able to stay with a single image for JUST long enough and not a micro-second too long. I've seen some people who say they use the technique to increase tension when, in fact, all they seem to be doing is making their animation boringly longer - but you have the same knack as The Grickle (Graham Annable).

Keep up the good work. And for anyone else who hasn't watched your latest upload to Youtube - WATCH IT NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:12 pm 

I made a 9 minutes tutorial of artoonix, I spoke about the forum too at the end! Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rBYomc_ ... annel_page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:06 pm 

A new kind of story! And this time I created the songs too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsbb8Q76qAA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:21 pm 

First class and great to see you working just with line drawings. As someone commented in Youtube, there's none of the stupid violence that so many animators seem to go for. It goes to show what can be done with a good idea, a simple style and a solid chunk of effort.

Can I ask, did you use a mouse or a drawing tablet? I find the Artoonix drawing tools rather clunky for curved lines - or maybe my hand is just a bit too unsteady ... added to the fact that my freehand drawing skills are very poor.

Your 'Vib Ribbon' was a brilliant example of straight line work so it's great to see you using curved lines as well.

Looking forwards to further lizard adventures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:25 pm 

KayNine wrote:
Can I ask, did you use a mouse or a drawing tablet? ]

Yes! You can ask pal! :)
I made it with the help of a graphic tablet, since the drawing tool of Artoonix is pretty bad (it should be REALLY improved, same thing for the TWEENING since it doesn't work for the most of the times!)

Last edited by Pennaz91 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:03 am 

Thanks for that. I have a small Wacom tablet so may try that - but it is very small. I know the team tweaked the drawing tools in the last upgrade and although the freehand tool works OK, that's all it is .... just about 'OK'. It's hard to be precise or smooth.

Although I'm not totally happy when using the program 'Pencil' - it's certainly not as versatile as Artoonix and sound options, by comparison, are extremely poor. The drawing tools in Pencil are really good and you can have excellent smooth curves, even when drawing quickly. You also have the option to draw using bitmap lines or vectors, or to use both. Image sequences can be exported as png's and (if you've selected background invisibility), they will import into Artoonix with full transparency. However, it's a tricky program to use at times and isn't quite as intuitive as Artoonix. It doesn't support tweening and even though Artoonix tweening can be a problem, for some times of movement and transitions it works very well. Pencil is also still under development and there are occasional glitches.

The main problem in Artoonix is that if you try drawing quickly, you seem to get straight line 'jumps'. I'm just hoping that this is one of the things the team can fix whenever v1.9 (or will it be v2.0?) is released.

Meanwhile .... The Lizard Rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 pm 

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! It means a lot for me! (Since I'm just going to create a second episode)

I use a small wacom too, you know, Artoonix got improved a lot comparated with the first versions, but how can be it still less reactive then Paint??? Really, the pencil tool MUST be improved! (And I'm still waiting for the shading tool too!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:47 pm 

Pennaz91 wrote:
Artoonix got improved a lot comparated with the first versions, but how can be it still less reactive then Paint??? Really, the pencil tool MUST be improved

I agree - hopefully it won't be long until we find out what's in the next upgrade. It was referred to as being 'imminent' quite a long time ago. Your comparison with Paint is a very good one - and that's a really old program what was still 'more reactive' than Artoonix even when it was first released.

Looking foward to Lizard 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next