Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:56 am 

I doubt that this post will attract many (or any) responses, but it's worth a try ....

I've been casting around looking at commercial animation software to find something that will include all the various options that I want. After having looked at every free and shareware program that's available, I've come to the conclusion that they're all lacking real flexibility and comprehensiveness.

Of all those, Artoonix (for me) is certainly the best and is why I've stuck with it for 3 years despite having spent a lot of time looking for complementary programs to use with it.

However, I was wondering what commercial software any other visitors or past users of Artoonix might have moved on to?

I've considered Flash, but it isn't really my style in terms of its features or end results. The program that has really caught my attention is ToonBoom Studio 5 because that allows for all the various styles of animation (eg: drawn, rotoscoped, cut-out, stop-mo etc.).

So - back to my main question and focus for this post .....

What commercial software have any other visitors or past users of Artoonix moved on to, and what do you recommend on the basis of actual experience?

Notification of any responses no longer get through my filter, but I usually check the forum anyway each day .... so here's hoping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm 

I would like to learn how to animate with Macromedie Flash! It looks very hard but much more advanced than Artoonix (which still is my fauvorite software! If you have some patience you can make very funny wotks with it!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 pm 

Yes, I still like Artoonix and will no doubt continue to use it. I'm currently making a series of movies which feature music videos copied - with permission - from the website of a favourite guitar shop which recently closed. Artoonix is ideal for that project and the first two movies are already on Youtube, plus one I made for myself featuring a baritone ukelele.

However, I really do want a program which will do a few more things that Artoonix doesn't. I don't like Flash all that much, but ToonBoom does seem to have what I want ..... but I doubt that I can afford it unless I find a good deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:03 am 

I mentioned ToonBoom Studio 5 in my original post. Since then, I have acquired a copy of version 4.5 so learning how to use that is now my main way of amusing myself as regards animation.

I'm still using Artoonix for movie-based work (one more is being planned at the moment), but I'm moving away from it for awhile for actual animation experiments and projects.

No doubt I'll think of something for which Artoonix will be most appropriate, but for now it's a joy to have access to really smooth graphics tools and the ability to lock elements together at pivot points.