Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:23 pm 

Isn't it interesting how you can upload something to Youtube (or even this forum) and then weeks, months or even more than a year later, you suddenly get a PM with a query?

A long time ago I posted a tribute to the program 'Tales Animator'. I made this with Artoonix but in my info notes I commented that before the TA project died, a beta version of 'Tales Animator 3' had been released and that I had copies of every single resource file ever produced for the program.

Yesterday - all this time later - I received a PM asking me for a copy of the installer.

It's worth remembering that anything you choose to put out into the public domain can be there for a VERY long time and you can never guess when someone may respond.

Last edited by KayNine on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:44 pm 

Yes it is! You're right!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:49 am 

It's also interesting how popular and long-lasting 'Tales Animator' seems to be. It was a strange program with many limitations, but with a bit of practice, it was very easy to make extended movies and it was equally easy to try experiments that really pushed it to the limit. I've never come across another script-based program like it that was also so easy to learn. I'm just glad that I managed to acquire all the resources for it. (I actually made most of the backgrounds and foregrounds that were released). The beta of version 3 had good possibilities but the mistake the developer made was to try to make the 3D side of things work, and it all became a bit muddled and hard to use. He had to leave the USA before he was able to finish it and for some reason, he never returned to the task of making 'Tales Animator 3' a complete package.

But hey! - it's still out there and people are still using it. I think I might try it again myself and combine it with Artoonix. Maybe if I upload something else, even more people will be motivated to track down those few sites where the full version 2 can still be found. I already have one idea for an Artoonix project running around my mind, but I think I'll make a combined TA/Artoonix project my target for whenever that's finished.

PS - The beta3 of Tales Animator does now have just one download URL, kindly provided by the person to whom I sent my copy of the installer.

UPDATE --- See new message in 'General Discussion' with link to upload which combines Artoonix and Tales Animator beta v.3