Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Artoonix event
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:19 pm 

At 28 I'll partecipate to a little event where who take part will be able to speak about his personal works! I thinked about show Artoonix and one of my toons, but I need the permission from who made it so.. CAN I DO THAT?? :D :D :D

Post subject: Re: Artoonix event
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:20 pm 

Pennaz91 wrote:
At 28 I'll partecipate to a little event where who take part will be able to speak about what he want! I thinked about show Artoonix programm and one of my toons, but I need the permission from who made it so.. CAN I DO THAT?? :D :D :D

Obvously I won't take rate for the program!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Pennaz91 wrote:
At 28 I'll partecipate to a little event where who take part will be able to speak about what he want! I thinked about show Artoonix programm and one of my toons, but I need the permission from who made it so.. CAN I DO THAT?? :D :D :D

I'm sure you can. And I suppose you could show not the one but many of your brilliant toons. Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:35 pm 

Ok.. Thank you mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:42 pm 

I did it yesterday (ops i wrote the wrong date).. All perfect! I'll upload the recording very soon!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:37 pm 

Pennaz91 wrote:
I'll upload the recording very soon

I think we'll all be looking forwards to that.

This post made me remember one of my previous suggestions for the admin team -- that of occasionally launching a competition aimed at UNregistered users of Artoonix, with the prize being a free registered version. That could provide additional uploads for the gallery and also hopefully provide a wider range of animation styles and ideas. ( I'll hold off uploading anything else for awhile as in recent weeks I seem to have dominated the gallery. Let's hope someone else will chip in with something new and different ).

Pennaz91's post also made me wonder about how feasible it might be to look for other animation competitions where movies made with Artoonix could stand a reasonable chance of being accepted or even winning. Obviously, competitions aimed at professionals, or users of the really top-end programs probably wouldn't be appropriate .... but what others are there, I wonder?

I know of (and belong to) several other animation forums which aren't affiliated to specific examples of software, so maybe there are also general animation competitions out there.

Al writing forum that I belong to has a thread where members can post the URL's of upcoming competitions. That is very useful, but until there is more activity in the Artoonix forum, that idea might not be all that useful as yet ...... although maybe activity would increase as a result of that in-house competition that I suggested???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:26 am 
Site Admin

that's a very good idea, kayNine - and i'm hoping we can organize something \"thematic\".. perhaps for Christmas?
cheers,
youri