Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What's going on!?!?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:41 am 

Yesterday I tryed to go to the Artoonix for but it didn't work at at all... WHAT HAPPENED?!!? :o :o :o

Post subject: Re: What's going on!?!?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:32 am 
Site Admin

Pennaz91 wrote:
Yesterday I tryed to go to the Artoonix for but it didn't work at at all... WHAT HAPPENED?!!? :o :o :o

Of course Artoonix has nothing like a "time bomb". :) I suppose you could ask for a help from support@artoonix.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:05 am 

I'm wondering if Pennaz91 was referring to the gallery where there is clearly something VERY wrong with the upload.

As a test, I just tried to upload a 2.66 avi and got this message:

Error saving file C:\\Program Files\\Artoonix1.7\\Movies\\Beijing.aviException: \"System.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.IO.FileStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Web.HttpRawUploadedContent.WriteBytes(Int32 offset, Int32 length, Stream stream) at System.Web.HttpInputStream.WriteTo(Stream s) at System.Web.HttpPostedFile.SaveAs(String filename) at en_gallery_Upload.SubmitButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\\web\\artoonixcom\\htdocs\\en\\gallery\\Upload.aspx.cs:line 244\". Please, try again.

ALSO ..... I have three times got a 'SERVICE UNAVAILABLE' message when trying to log into both the forum AND the homepage. Two of my friends who do continue to use Artoonix have had the same experience.

Something somewhere is definitely wrong .... so maybe Andrei's terse little response might need a bit of expansion?

------------------------------------- UPDATE 1 -------------------------------

Have now started a thread in 'General Discussion' - I tried a second upload of a really tiny file and also got an error message. In the process, the 'SERVICE UNAVAILABLE' message happened two more times and then again when I tried logging into the main Artoonix homepage. On those first two occasions, the message appeared after submitting the message but then trying to go back into the forum to check it had uploaded safely.

Today, when adding this update message, everything was OK.

Clearly something is very wrong. Just look to see how long it has been since anyone uploaded anything into the gallery .... especially someone like Nathanael who usually uploaded something every day.

------------------------------------- UPDATE 2 -------------------------------

I've now contacted a few other friends who use Artoonix now and then. I asked them to try uploading to the gallery and all failed. I also see that Nathanaael and Leroycam have failed to upload (there were NOT the 2 friends I originally mentioned). So all this proves that there is a real problem somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

apparently there was a surge of submissions in the last couple of months, and we simply run out of disk space with our provider :(.
It does mean that the old files (2006-2007) that are not in the \"featured gallery\" will be purged.
I would also strongly encourage the users to submit the final (and only) version of the animation (and try not to clatter the gallery with every little \"improvement\" made in the last 30 seconds).
The submission service should work now.
cheers,
youri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:34 am 

This theme and thread have been continued in the 'Artoonix General Discussion' thread. Look for 'Gallery problems'.

Youri's point about multiple, identical or nearly-identical uploads is a good one.

Personally, I also grew weary of having my own uploads copied and my soundtracks ripped off. Compliments are one thing - lazy plagiarism is something totally different!