Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:49 am 

First I convert a toon in .AVI (audio unchanged)
Then I make some changes with Window Movie Maker
Then I convert it in WMV
Then I use ConvertXToDvd
The Dvd work perectly but when in this toon there is some time with silence the last sound will repeat in loop and will stop only when a new sound will come out.. Can I skip this proble??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

hmm, sounds like there is something going on during conversion with ConvertXToDvd.. i'm afraid, i'm not familiar with this software, perhaps try their website ( http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/ )?
sorry, couldn't help much.. :(

cheers,
youri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:05 pm 

youri wrote:
hmm, sounds like there is something going on during conversion with ConvertXToDvd.. i'm afraid, i'm not familiar with this software, perhaps try their website ( http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/ )?
sorry, couldn't help much.. :(

cheers,
youri

At last I discovered the problem.. Movie Maker!! This horrible program made al lot of problem before but I cannot add my videos on youtube without it!! But.. Ehm.. Can someone help me to find another way to upload artoonix toons on youtube? For example, KayNine or Youri, witch system you use to upload videos on youtube?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:48 pm 

There should be no problem at all.
I have always followed the basic, simple route ....

(1) Finish the animation and test it.
(2) Save it and exit to the main screen which shows thumbnails of all your projects.
(3) RIGHT CLICK on the thumbnail for the project you want to render.
(4) Choose CREATE MOVIE from the menu that appears.
(5) The process then starts and you will find the movie by using EXPLORE THE MOVIES FOLDER. The file will be in the avi format.
(6) When you come to upload to Youtube, the movie can be found in the MOVIES subfolder of the ARTOONIX folder which will be found in MY DOCUMENTS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE --- if you choose to use the Xvid codec, you can change the quality settings by following this path:
(1) Start with the side-bar menu on the front screen and choose OPTIONS
(2) Then choose MOVIE / CONFIGURE
(3) The further to the right you move the slider, the lower the quality and the smaller the file. You can usually go to just less than half way before noticing any real loss of quality.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have used Moviemaker once or twice, but only to create transition effects that I then imported back into Artoonix. If you follow the above method you should be OK ---- I've now done it exactly 100 times, so I can say with a fair degree of confidence that it works.

If you have a long movie or a complex soundtrack, things will generally stay perfectly in synchronisation for an avi render - but swf might drift slightly.

Only use avi for upload to Youtube.

Hope some of that helps. If I've missed anything or got anything wrong, I'm sure Youri will chip in and correct it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:50 pm 

Because I do this:

-Create movie
-Explore foldier
-Copy- Paste the avi toon in the deskop
-Upload it

But Yt don't upload it correctly!! Where i make mistakes??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:19 am 

Don't know. I've never done it that way.
Not sure why you'd need to create a duplicate file just for uploading.

How did you manage to upload all your other movies to Youtube? If you used the method you just described, I can't see why it wouldn't work now.

I think this is a problem for Youri. I'll just stick with the method I described because that works every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:43 pm 

Ok then! Witch codec you use?? And witch configurations to make an avi file from artoonix??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:09 pm 

I listed all that in the previous replies.

Xvid allows you to recconfigure its settings to create a smaller file. Moving the slider half-way doesn't affect image quality too much.

DivX tends to be the one I use a lot now, but I don't try to reconfigure it. That codec puts a small watermark on the start of your movie - but it disappears after a few seconds and isn't a problem.

I'm still not sure what the problem is because you have already successfully uploaded quite a few movies to Youtube. What's happened to make things a problem for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:26 pm 

Before uploading i usually convert my works in WMV! That's why the first and second time it didn't work! When my new toon will be done I'll try again!! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:36 am 
Site Admin

Pennaz91,
you can always convert the movies to files with any format you want - simply change the settings and run \"create movie\" on that Project (the project itself is separate from the output, so it will not be affected).
you might also try
http://www.videohelp.com/convert
as a great help resource for video conversion..
cheers,
youri